Ebay Shopping: A Lot of Heads

Guy's incredibly generous friend gives him all these heads. Guy puts them in his Pennsylvania shop. Guy closes shop. Guy needs dough. Guy puts whole museum worth on ebay.

There's a zebra, kudu, wildebeest, wharthog, a few impalas, a full jackal and an antelope (see auction for more images).  If you agree to pick them up and buy 'em all, guy will give you entire Sahara for $6,500. Auction ends in three days.

1. k says:

poppycock! way over priced. one could finance their own personal animal genocide tour on the dark continent for that sum.

2. k is clueless.

3. Are we still calling it the Dark Continent? There are 11 heads total, so at the low price, it's about $500 each. They appear to be in wonderful shape, too. $500 - not cheap, but a steal for the likes of Francis Macomber.

4. Yes! Someone has to buy all these little animules up so they have happy homes to be in. You also need to buy them so the Hovey ladies won't!!

5. Tavarua says:

The price is not to bad - being trophies. Absolutely, still the dark continent on my way to Ghana on Sunday. It is nice to see that somebody still have the spirit and taste of the old school and adventure.

6. k says:

thanks for calling my bluff House of B&C, i actually am clueless (obvious), and being an herbivore i would never consider the option, but i might like to add that your price list is for the rich custies, real men poach their trophies and forge the hunt documents! i'm sure one can still kill animals for a bargain if you're a shrewd hunter, i never pay retail for anything.

7. Beautiful find! I saw these on ebay. I want a Kudu head.

8. the greater kudu in the first image is so majestic ... stately!

k: i can't believe you typed dark continent! it has not been called the dark continent for some time.

9. k says:

Paul, because i post under a cloak of anonymity i am not burdened by your p.c. social contrivances; "dark continent" is tame by my standards. I will quit monopolizing this comment section now, good day to you sirs.

10. Anonymous says:

Did the Hovey sisters win any of these? Ebay shopping is rather like a cyber safari.
    Christy

11. Anonymous says:

No jackalope? Not complete.

12. It is called the dark continent for a very good reason, as anyone who has lived or travelled there would understand.

13. This comment has been removed by the author.

14. i lived and worked in mali and burkina faso in 2001-2002. i visit dear friends in south africa every few years. I've travelled to tunisia, egypt, and kenya and have never referred to Africa as the dark continent ... but that's just me : )

dark continent sounds very romantic, but it's inaccurate ... imho.

15. Myra says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

16. Myra says:

Love these!!! I found a cheaper alternative in these hangers at Charles & Marie, I am very fond of the hippo.